This course is designed for experienced nurses who need to refresh theory before doing their practical Adult Advanced Life Support (ALS) update. This course improves the nurse’s current theoretical knowledge, in line with the latest Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation (ANZCOR) guidelines, and the latest evidence. Participants refresh their skills in the recognition of life-threatening arrhythmias, medications and the theory of defibrillation skills.
Please note: This course is not designed for “stand alone” ALS training, as concepts are explained in this course only as a reinforcement of prior learning.
At the completion of this course, nurses will be able to:
- Describe how to use ANCOR’s Advanced Life Support Guideline in practice.
- Appropriately administer medication in cardiac arrest.
- Examine a rhythm strip, recognise distinguishing characteristics and name the rhythm correctly.
- Identify life threatening arrhythmias and discuss the appropriate measures for each arrhythmia.
- Illustrate the importance of early defibrillation.
- Understand the terms manual defibrillator, shock advisory external defibrillator (SAED), biphasic and monophasic energy delivery.
This course is designed to refresh knowledge and improve your confidence in the skills required for ALS.
This informative and enjoyable online course is suitable for nurses who want to refresh their knowledge in this area.
The existing guidelines on accreditation of CPD providers in Singapore do not recognise international CPD providers, however nurses that participate in online learning may be able to make an individual claim for CPD, which is approved at the discretion the nursing board of Singapore.
In order to claim international study as CPD a nurse should provide the following to the nursing board of Singapore:
- the course outline (which we provide above) and
- the certificate of completion (provided at the end of every The Skilled Nurse course)