This theoretical course refreshes the emergency management of anaphylaxis and the principles of CPR. It is in line with the recommendations of The Australian Immunisation Handbook.
The course provides a theoretical review of the current guidelines, and a discussion of the evidence based recommendations.
At the completion of this course, participants have:
- Improved their knowledge of the physiology of anaphylaxis
- Learnt the possible causes of anaphylaxis
- Undertaken initial assessment and management of anaphylaxis
- Refreshed and updated their Basic Life Support skills
This informative and enjoyable online course is suitable for nurses who want to refresh their knowledge in this area.
The existing guidelines on accreditation of CPD providers in Singapore do not recognise international CPD providers, however nurses that participate in online learning may be able to make an individual claim for CPD, which is approved at the discretion the nursing board of Singapore.
In order to claim international study as CPD a nurse should provide the following to the nursing board of Singapore:
- the course outline (which we provide above) and
- the certificate of completion (provided at the end of every The Skilled Nurse course)