This course is for experienced nurses who needs to refresh theory before doing their practical Basic Life Support (BLS) update. This course improves the nurse’s current theoretical knowledge, in line with the latest Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation (ANZCOR) guidelines, and the latest evidence. Participants refresh their knowledge and skills in resuscitation methods and procedures including; Elements and Processes of Resuscitation, Resuscitation of Infants and Children, Resuscitation of patients with a stoma and the use of a semiautomatic external defibrillator (SAED).
This Course should be used as an adjunct to your organisation’s policies and procedures for BLS testing. IT IS NOT DESIGNED TO REPLACE A PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT.
At the completion of this course, nurses will be able to:
- Apply the ANZCOR Basic Life Support Policy to practice.
- Apply the acronym D.R.A.B.C.D to the Basic Life Support process.
- Identify ‘No Signs of Life’.
- Identify Basic Life Support considerations when resuscitating individuals with additional needs including pregnant women, children, neonates and persons with a trachostomy/stoma insitu.
- Discuss the importance of early defibrillation.
This informative and enjoyable online course is suitable for nurses who want to refresh their knowledge in this area.
The existing guidelines on accreditation of CPD providers in Singapore do not recognise international CPD providers, however nurses that participate in online learning may be able to make an individual claim for CPD, which is approved at the discretion the nursing board of Singapore.
In order to claim international study as CPD a nurse should provide the following to the nursing board of Singapore:
- the course outline (which we provide above) and
- the certificate of completion (provided at the end of every The Skilled Nurse course)