How staff in healthcare organisation respond in the event of an emergency always influences the outcome. The first few minutes before the arrival of professional assistance are vital. Therefore it is important that staff respond quickly and correctly, without endangering their own safety.
This course is guided by the Australian Standard AS 4083-2010 Planning for emergencies – Healthcare facilities. The course is designed to heighten your awareness of, and readiness for, various emergency situations, and reviews the seven emergency codes.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the need and relevance of emergency procedure training and preparedness for all staff.
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of the Emergency Control Organisation members.
- State the seven emergency codes and the corresponding colour.
- Identify appropriate actions in response to each emergency code.
- Name the types of emergency equipment commonly found in health facilities.
- Locate emergency equipment.
- Indicate appropriate actions in a desktop emergency activity.
This informative and enjoyable online course is suitable for nurses who want to refresh their knowledge in this area.
The existing guidelines on accreditation of CPD providers in Singapore do not recognise international CPD providers, however nurses that participate in online learning may be able to make an individual claim for CPD, which is approved at the discretion the nursing board of Singapore.
In order to claim international study as CPD a nurse should provide the following to the nursing board of Singapore:
- the course outline (which we provide above) and
- the certificate of completion (provided at the end of every The Skilled Nurse course)