The aim of this course is to revise non-clinical healthcare employees’ knowledge and understanding of how infections are spread. Using the World Health Organisation’s ‘5 Moments of Hand Hygiene’, our course recognises hand hygiene as one of the most significant ways to prevent the spread of infection in a healthcare organisation.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the 'Chain of Infection' and identify factors that contribute to the spread of infection.
- Discuss strategies to break the 'Chain of Infection'.
- Define hospital acquired infection.
- Define the terms 'Standard Precautions' and 'Additional Precautions' and identify work practices that are appropriate for each precaution level.
- Describe the procedure for Occupational Exposure and discuss the safe handling of sharps.
- Access information regarding infection control issues and infectious diseases.
This informative and enjoyable online course is suitable for nurses who want to refresh their knowledge in this area.
The existing guidelines on accreditation of CPD providers in Singapore do not recognise international CPD providers, however nurses that participate in online learning may be able to make an individual claim for CPD, which is approved at the discretion the nursing board of Singapore.
In order to claim international study as CPD a nurse should provide the following to the nursing board of Singapore:
- the course outline (which we provide above) and
- the certificate of completion (provided at the end of every The Skilled Nurse course)