Manual handling is one of the greatest challenges to Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) in the healthcare environment. We look at manual handling from an ‘every day’ perspective in this course, to prompt you to think about how you are approaching the manual handling jobs in your workplace. The course helps the nurse recognise those tasks and actions that have a higher risk of manual handling injury. Written for clinical and non-clinical healthcare workers, this course highlights the importance of having a positive attitude towards staying safe from injury.
This Manual Handling Course should be used as an adjunct to your organisation’s policies and procedures regarding Manual Handling.
At the completion of this Manual Handling course, participants will be able to:
- State the Occupational Health and Safety related roles and responsibilities of the employer and employee.
- Appreciate your role in maintaining a safe environment for yourself and others.
- State the four factors that can make manual handling tasks a risk and identify strategies to manage the risk.
- Recognise manual handling risk factors in daily activities as work and home.
- Define the term ‘Office ergonomics’ and identify risks associated with a poor approach to office ergonomics.
This informative and enjoyable online course is suitable for nurses who want to refresh their knowledge in this area.
The existing guidelines on accreditation of CPD providers in Singapore do not recognise international CPD providers, however nurses that participate in online learning may be able to make an individual claim for CPD, which is approved at the discretion the nursing board of Singapore.
In order to claim international study as CPD a nurse should provide the following to the nursing board of Singapore:
- the course outline (which we provide above) and
- the certificate of completion (provided at the end of every The Skilled Nurse course)